Saturday, November 18, 2017

Shadespire, eBay, and "The Project"

It's been a long time.

I have not been posting as much on this blog, because I don't feel like I have had a lot to blog about. I have not really been working on my Warhammer 40k army as much since I started working on my Shadespire project. The project is simple, I am painting my Shadespire set for the purpose of selling it, this is my trial of my painting skills to see if I have gotten good enough to actually begin taking commissions as a way of earning some money on the side. Below are a few of my WIP for my Shadespire set.

I was never good at painting flesh, this is in issue when it comes to the reavers.

I am a big fan of these bases, had a blast painting. Didn't have any green washes or shades so I had to take some regular green paint and thin it waaay down with water to create a somewhat mossy effect on the stone. 

Like I said, I have never been that great at painting flesh, but I feel like I did pretty well with these guys.

Despite my lack of experience in painting flesh, I think I did very well here. What do you think?


I have also opened an eBay store where I have a few older codices, rule books, and other games on sale. Below are a few of these books.






Finally, there is "The Project"
The project is a story I am working on. the purpose of the project is to create a universe that can be turned into a table-top wargame. Over the past few weeks I have been working on races, cultures, backgrounds, and finally on character designs. This includes the design of miniatures using 3D modeling, and speaking to small batch manufacturers to start producing miniatures. I have also been talking to local hobby shops in an attempt to find a starting place from which to introduce my creating into the market. Story wise, character wise as well as universe wise I am not very far, but I have created a few concepts which I want to flesh out a little more.

This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, and I hope I can get the support of all of you to help me see this through till the end. I hope I can actually lead this project through to fruition as I have never before worked on a project this big. I will post samples of the miniatures once I actually have the physical prototypes.

If there is anyone who has experience in doing anything like this, and would like to help out then please reach out, I'd appreciate any help I can get with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment