Thursday, July 13, 2017

Progress on my Captain

Been working 12 hour days at Tesla for about 13 days straight, so unfortunately there has not been a lot of time left for painting. However, I recently got a day off, and after running around getting a ton of errands done I finally had about an hour t sit down and paint. 

Most of that time was spent watching a tutorial video on how to paint parchment, and cloths and other stuff like that, but eventually I did get down. Now I wonder, who remembers this guy right here?


Well recently I started painting him, and this guy was actually the guy I spent some time working on yesterday. Below is how far I have gotten with him so far.

Before I paint the fabric and the scrolls

After painting the fabric and scrolls.

Besides the head, this minis is probably one of my proudest creations. Although I probably should have went with a different head. All I have left to finish him off is to add his backpack with the banner which will read "N7" on it. I also need to work on his power sword in order to add some glowing special effects.

So far his armor is all dark reaper with the right hand pauldron being painted red. This matches the color scheme of the terminators, and the venerable dreadnoughts, all of which are the veterans of my company. He also has a ton of gold on his armor, this is to denote his experience, and time in service as I am making him one of the oldest members of the chapter. His legs are bionic as he sustained massive amounts of damaged over his service. The damage was not enough to land him into a dreadnought, but it was enough for him to have to obtain cybernetic enhancements. 

Not sure what exactly I am going to all him, though, if you have any suggestions for names I am definitely open to them.

Once this guy is done I am going to start on my tactical squad, but I think the Dark Reaper coloration is going to be reserved for Veterans, I think for all other N7 members, the colorations will be Black and Red, with Dark Reaper Helmets for Sergeants. This is not set in stone, but just an idea that I had as far as how to paint the overall army. 

I was thinking of also create a squad of "Reasonable Marines" to go along with the N7s, as in, one of the companies on the N7 corps could focus on Jungle Warfare, and thus could be painted as reasonable marines, again, this is just a thought, and not something which is going to be set in stone, however the idea of creating an army of "Reasonable Marines" is something I have been playing with for a while.

Tell me what you think
Follow me on -
Twitter: SpikedGaming_
Instagram: SpikedGaming
 

No comments:

Post a Comment