Friday, July 28, 2017

The Captain is Ready for Battle


I know that this guy is not the best guy ever. I know that the face looks like shit correct, but I am actually really proud of him. He is my first custom figure, kit-bashed from several Citadel miniature bits as well as bits from Anvil Industry.

He is only one more component of my N7 army. However there seems to be some hate about the chapter I have decided to start. Most of this hate seems to be coming from 4chan, so I tried not to let it get to me, but it did. So I will use this opportunity to answer address some of the hate.

If this is N7, why is the armor not black and red?
Because in Mass Effect 2, and I believe Mass Effect 3 you were allowed minimal customization of your armor, including color scheme. The scheme I chose is the scheme that closest resembles my armor in those games.

Also, I was planning on making Tactical Marines, Devastators, Centurions, and Other vehicles in the black and red armor. The Dark Reaper Color would apply to veterans, scouts, and venerable dreads. I may end up just keeping it all Dark Reaper.

Isn't N7 some xenos initiative?
Nope, N7 was the name of the Alliance's special forces group. It is also important to remember that after the first contact war there was still a lot of animosity between humans and other xenos.

The Mass Effect Story doesn't translate into 40k fluff.
I don't expect EVERY aspect of the Mass Effect story to translate into 40k. Obviously the story will be significantly different, but that's to be expected, and personally I enjoy the challenge of creating my own fluff to fit within the pre-existing 40k fluff.

That's that, I am going to continue my chapter, and I will start brain storming on the fluff. Most exciting though, I have also decided to create my own sci-fi story and universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment