Monday, May 8, 2017

Pathfinders - My Custom Assault Squad.

As I have mentioned on my Instagram, and on my other gaming blog, and on my Facebook page, I have been working on a Mass Effect themed army of space marines. Although the aesthetics are not 100% mass effect, they have still been incredibly fun to paint. The best part of the project is not even the painting, it has been discovering all the third party bit manufacturers that I have been using to create a truly unique army.

As I went on creating my Mass Effect Themed army, I came across a set of "Wings" that I thought would be a good substitute for jump packs for an Assault Squad and so I purchased a set of 5. The wings were from puppetswar, and although they look alright aesthetically, I have not had the best experience with this supplier, a big part of that being scale. I also bought a two handed flamer weapon from Anvil Industry, and an assortment of Space Marine bits from eBay.

This is the "wings" jump pack I got from puppetswar
And this is the heavy flamer from Anvil Industry


Later on I will make a post discussing the quality of third-party suppliers, but for now here is what the trial "Pathfinder" Looks like.

I was hoping the wings would be bigger, but as I said, scale has always been an issue I have had with the puppetswar bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment